Thursday, September 17, 2020

Just for You: Morning Music (From Carolyn)


I have set the Lord continually before me.
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore, my heart is glad and my glory rejoices. —Psalm 16:8

My friend Muriel Cook once told me that, when they were raising teenagers, they had a principle in their home: The morning music belongs to the Lord. I’ve never forgotten that. I find it good for any home, or any heart, teenagers present or not. 

Yesterday our friend Carris Smith sent me a song for encouragement. I hope it encourages you too. (Carris told me I did not have to listen to all of it, since it gets repetitive.) But I did listen all the way and was encouraged. I find that music is a good way to “set the Lord before me.” Especially when I don’t want to be shaken, which things like social media and the news and my own thoughts can so easily do. May you be encouraged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f4MUUMWMV4&list=RDiIpb1igP0gU&index=14

Yesterday another friend sent more encouragement my way, saying the Lord told her to pray for us right then. Which she did in a short prayer to my email which encouraged my heart. She was following a nudge from God. 

In this time when many are not often seeing others due to the pandemic, there are still many ways for us to encourage one another. I would love to hear how you have been encouraged, or a song that is meaningful to you for encouragement. Or how you are intentionally setting the Lord continually before you. 

With love and prayers,

Carolyn
9.17.20

1 comment:

Soah said...

Carolyn, I have been encouraged by the song How deep is the Father’s love. I heard a guitar version of it by David Wyatt, very meditatively read the lyrics...praises to God for songs/music, and His promises!

Going and Not Knowing

"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing...