Thursday, September 20, 2018

"So" and "So"

So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory...
So may I bless you as long as I live... (Psalm 63:2,4).

A little adverb. A pint-sized word: “so."

David seems to be comparing two sets of circumstances: (1) when he was in the felt presence of God in the tabernacle, and (2) when he was in "a dry and thirsty land," an emotional desert.

So (or as) I long for God when my feelings run high, when I sense his presence and his love for me...

So may I will trust him "when my heart is as cold as a tile bathroom floor at 2:00 in the morning" (as my friend Ray Stedman once said) 

It's a request, a prayer, not  something I can do on my  own. 

David Roper

No comments:

Going and Not Knowing

"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing...